Donnerstag, 12. März 2009

Strengths and Weaknesses

Institutions achieve better results, when they are builded on the Strengths and not on the Weaknesses of their people – on the Strengths of the Superiors as well as of the subordinates.

A strength has three components:
  • a talent, which is inherited,
  • knowledge, which can be learned,
  • skills, which can be trained.
There is no way to make up for a missing talent. 

The sentence: «Everyone can be trained to be good in almost any field.» is definitely wrong. 
But if someone is trained in the fields of his or her strenghts, he or she can reach the top!
Weaknesses become unimportant. They have to be known, that nobody receives a task in a field, where she or he is weak.

It is not easy to recognize my strengths. A strength show if something is easy for me to do. And, because it is so easy, I do not recognize it as a strength; it is just normal for me. So I need the support of other persons I work with. And that is true also for my colleagues, my boss and my subordinates.

If a institution is constructed on the strengths of the personnel, many problems disappear. No motivation is necessary any more if everyone can use his or her strengths every day.
 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen